Leaders play a key role in making sure people feel that they are valued, respected, treated fairly and that they belong. This is very important because the more included people feel, the more likely they are to perform to the best of their abilities, which in turn improves organisational performance. Inclusive leadership is having the capacity to manage and lead a diverse group of people efficiently, while respecting their uniqueness in an empathetic, bias-free way.
This e-learning course includes an introductory overview of diversity, equality, inclusion, and belonging. The main objective of the e-learning course is to put you on the path to being an inclusive leader who understands the importance of working in diverse teams that consciously includes people rather than exclude them.
The course is for managers, leaders, and aspiring leaders and is likely to take 30 to 40 minutes to complete.
- Introduction and overview of equality, diversity, and inclusion and belonging and how value is created through the balance of diversity and inclusion.
- Understand the definition of inclusive leadership and the key benefits of leading inclusively which include increased internal and external engagement and access to a variety of different perspectives.
- Identify different leadership styles, the benefits of each one and their connection with inclusive leadership.
- Discuss barriers to inclusive leadership, including stereotypes, “like me” biases and prejudice, and how to avoid them.
- Identify the key principles of being an inclusive leader, including the 15 core competencies- developed through enei’s own research.
- Learn how to build inclusive teams, starting from recruitment and throughout the employee life cycle, by removing bias from all decision-making processes.
- Learn top tips on how to action plan against the potential barriers to inclusive leadership.
Talk to us about creating a tailor-made diversity, equality, and inclusion (DEI) programme to meet your organisation’s specific needs.