Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion (DEI) refer to a set of principles and the creation of an environment where all individuals are treated fairly and can access equal opportunities, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. Diversity, equality, and inclusion practices are vital to developing a workplace culture where everyone can shine, thrive and be themselves.
The Introduction to Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion e-learning course aims to provide employees with key information anyone should know on this topic, as well as quick tips and actions they can take to enhance diversity, equality, and inclusion in the workplace.
The course has been designed for employees at all levels, and it will take approximately 30 to 40 minutes to complete.
- Explore the meaning of diversity, equality, and inclusion by;
- Understanding the range of human differences, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, religion, and disability.
- Developing an awareness of how some individuals are disadvantaged or privileged based on factors beyond their control.
- Learning to create an environment where everyone feels welcomed, respected, and valued and their voices and contributions are heard and acknowledged.
- Learn about the brief history of DEI activities in the UK, which includes Pride Month, Black History Month and Women’s Month.
- Understand the Equality Act 2010, how it has evolved over the years. This course shows how this piece of legislation protects individuals with protected characteristics from discrimination.
- Discuss barriers of DEI in the workplace including lack of representation and unconscious bias. Recognise how to harness the innumerable benefits of DEI in the workplace. Learn how to mitigate the effects of personal unconscious bias.
- Empower you to be proactive in enhancing DEI in your organisation.
Talk to us about creating a tailor-made diversity, equality, and inclusion (DEI) programme to meet your organisation’s specific needs.