The Government’s Disability Confident scheme is designed to help businesses attract, retain and develop staff with disabilities who can help organisations succeed. Our services include supporting you in becoming a Disability Confident Leader (Level 3 of the scheme), including both Validation and Assessment.
There are three levels of accreditation:
- Level 1 (Disability Confident Committed),
- Level 2 (Disability Confident Employer), and
- Level 3 (Disability Confident Leader).
Employers can undertake the first two levels independently, but the third level requires external validation for the Level 2 self-assessment. We can help you with guidance, assessment and, where appropriate steps are taken, can validate your Disability Confident Leader (Level 3) status.
enei members can benefit from free advice and support in completing both the assessment and validation. If you’re not an enei member yet, we’d be delighted to have you on board, or you can contact us to discuss our consultancy offer.
Our service includes:
- Validator commentary.
- Identification of key areas for improvement.
- Sharing of best practice.
- Telephone and email support throughout the process.
- Advice on gathering evidence.
- The external validation (required to achieve level 3 status).
The benefits of becoming a Disability Confident Leader include;
- To be a visible champion for the employment and development of people with disabilities.
- The recognition to attract and retain people with disabilities.
- There are 6 million people of working age with a disability, in the UK. Achieving Disability Confident Leader Status will support your organisation in accessing that talent pool.
- Recognition from your employees, stakeholders, and the wider community.
This service is free to our Community and Corporate members. If you are not an enei member, but would like to discuss how we can help you become a Disability Confident Leader, please get in touch using the contact form below.