Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect in their workplace. Harassment and bullying are harmful behaviours that are unwelcome and unwarranted and can be detrimental to the workplace and the people involved. They should not be tolerated and can never be justified. Harassment and bullying can include behaviours such as verbal criticism, personal attacks, humiliation, belittling, and exclusion. When harassment and bullying are not managed effectively, this can lead to poor morale, unnecessary turnover, absence, loss of productivity, and damage to an organisation’s reputation. Therefore, it is in every employer’s best interest to promote a safe, healthy, and fair work environment for their people.
The aim of this e-learning course is to promote a safe, healthy, and fair work environment where these behaviours, are managed swiftly and effectively, when detected.
This course has been designed for employees at all levels, and it will take approximately 40 minutes to complete.
- Understand the definitions of bullying, harassment, and victimisation and how to identify the offenders in the workplace.
- Recognise behaviours involved in cyber bullying.
- Recognise the impact of negative micro-behaviours, micro-aggressions, and micro-inequities, and how they contribute to a hostile work environment.
- Identify the behaviours which can be classed as sexual harassment.
- Recognise the differences and similarities between bullying and harassment.
- Understand the legislation surrounding bullying, harassment, and victimisation.
- Understand what you can do if you’re experiencing bullying, harassment, or victimisation and how to deal with borderline workplace banter/ bullying.
- Advice on steps to take if you are experiencing bullying, harassment, or victimisation in the workplace.
- Advice on recognising any of the behaviours in yourself and steps to take to change the actions which may be hurtful to others.
- Advice for employers on how to manage bullying and harassment in order to create a more inclusive and respectful working environment.
Talk to us about creating a tailor-made diversity, equality, and inclusion (DEI) programme to meet your organisation’s specific needs.