This session explored how the Disability Confident scheme helps employers recruit and retain great people.
Please note that the subtitles in this video were automatically generated and may not be accurate. Although this is not a live broadcast, follow up questions about the content covered in this archived recording can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlights and takeaways
This event aimed to raise awareness about:
- The Disability Confident scheme’s benefits
- How the scheme encourages employers to think differently about disability
- How it helps employers recruit, develop and retain people
Who might benefit from watching this recording?
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion Professionals, Recruitment Managers, Line Managers, HR, Leadership, and anyone who is interested in—or has responsibility for—disability inclusion.
Who is David Steeds?
David Steeds is the Group Partnership Manager of DWP. David moved into this role In October 2022, having previously been District Employer Engagement Manager for South London. He has a passion for helping employers to recruit a more diverse workforce and solve their recruitment issues, by widening their audience, to include our priority group customers. He has a long been a champion of the disability confident scheme and endeavour to never miss an opportunity to spread the word, on this important agenda.
- Department for Work & Pensions, Employing Disabled people and people with health conditions, 1 September 2022
- Gov.uk, How to sign up to the Disability Confident employer scheme, 25 November 2019
- Gov.uk, Reasonable adjustments for workers with disabilities or health conditions