The enei Provocation: D&I isn't working! ...or is it? FULLY BOOKED
|Date||12 March 2013|
City Hall, London
The world is changing, fast! Over the past 10 years the demographic make-up of the UK has changed radically. We have seen:
- A significant rise in immigration from Eastern Europe and African communities.
- Demographics continuing to stress the UK’s aging population
- The gender make-up of UK graduates shifting from a male to female majority ratio
These are some of the factors impacting talent pipelines and bringing about increased diversity within both the modern working environment and our customer base.
And yet the questions remain, why is this increase in diversity not impacting on the talent pipeline at the same rate and why do our working environments continue to suffocate and exclude diverse talent?
This major event from the Employers Network for Equality & Inclusion (enei) will bring together leading thinkers and national experts to explore the key issues and challenges facing 21st Century employers.
This event provides an opportunity to debate the current issues – from the need to increase female representation in senior positions to addressing wider challenges such as unconscious bias in decision-making – and to share best practice on how to integrate diversity and inclusion into your own organisation’s core business and service functions.
We will be drawing on the latest research findings and hearing views from Academics as well as leading employers who will be sharing ways in which they have overcome barriers to building best practice organisations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for employers to celebrate success whilst learning about other approaches in public and private section organisations and industries.
Jo Swinson MP, Minister for Employment Relations and Consumer Affairs, BIS and Minister for Equalities will set out the government's position going forward including the business case for employers.
- Baroness O’Neill, Chair of the EHRC on the future direction of inclusion in the UK and inequalities.
- Dean Royles, Director, NHS Employers - an integrated approach to D&I.
- Loraine Martins MBE, Director of Diversity & Inclusion, Network Rail - driving diversity forward.
- Shahid Bashir, Senior Business Diversity Manager, Diversity Works for London - commercialising diversity and inclusion.
- Liz Bingham, Partner Ernst & Young - getting traction to D&I.
- Dr Pete Jones, Psychologist, Shire Professional - the challenge of getting diversity on the agenda.
- Birgit Neu, Head of Private Banking Initiative, Global Commercial Banking, HSBC and one of the founders of Women on the Wharf - breaking down barriers.
- Morgan Lobb, Director, Diversity Jobs - Expert Panel
Steps World Leaders in drama based training, will deliver interactive sessions on the issues and diversity in the UK today.
Cost: £199+VAT enei Members/£399+VAT Non Members